It should come as no surprise that Dalmatian Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil is not only fantastic on its own, but acts as a truly excellent ingredient in many dishes.
Be sure to pick up A Taste of Croatia cookbook when purchasing your Olive Oil for some of the most flavorful dishes you will ever put on the table. You can try some of these treats in the meantime:
- 2 1/2 lbs of fresh mixed seafood: Sole, Snapper, Mussels, etc.
- 4 Tbsp of Dalmatian Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 3 Cloves fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 Bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat Dalmatian Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil in large Dutch oven
- Add onions, sautéing for 1 minute before adding red pepper, garlic, and tomato paste
- While vegetable sauté, chop fish into 1-2 inch pieces
- Add denser fish to vegetables and gradually stack the delicate ones on top (particularly shellfish or squid)
- Add tomatoes, vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper and bring to a low boil and stir only once
- Cook over a very low heat for 1 hour
- Serve immediately on top of polenta, pasta, or risotto
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Martini
- 1 Orange Segment
- 3-4 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 3 oz premium vodka
- 1/2 oz dry vermouth
- 1/2 oz Cointreau
- 1/4 oz simple syrup
- 1/4 oz Dalmatian Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Muddle the orange segment and basil leaves in a shaker.
- Add the vodka, Cointreau, vermouth, simple syrup, olive oil, and ice, and shake well.
- Strain into a martini glass and float an additional drop of olive oil over the top.
- Živjeli! (Cheers!)